Your baby grows up every day, he is more and more interested in the world around him, so he becomes more active on walks.
How to ensure the safety of the child for a walk? Where and when is it better to go for a walk? What should a mother do on a walk with a baby?
Let's find out the answers to these and other questions together!
Read also:Runny baby: 5 steps for recovery
Safety on a walk with the baby: Tips for Parents
1. Place to walk.Carefully choose a place to walk. It should be close to home, it is desirable that this place was intended for walks with children - there may beplayground, eg. It will be very interesting for a baby to make first acquaintances with children, to take his first steps, holding on to shops and fences.
It is better if there are no roads near hospitals, hospitals and other institutions that are close to crowds.On weekends you can go for a walk in the forest or on the river bank, during such walks you need to be very careful and cautious.
Galina Babiy, pediatrician of the Dobrobut Children's Clinic says: “Walking should be carried out in quiet, park areas, away from the roads and large concentrations of people.”
2. Vehicles for walking.Carefully pick up the stroller for walking.
Galina Babiy, pediatrician of the Dobrobut Children's Clinic:“Strollers must be appropriate for the child’s age and have the necessary means of transport protection (the wheelchair must also be stable, moderately heavy, have seat belts).”
Keep track of the condition of children's transport, if it is defective, do not carry a child in it, give the wheelchair for repair or purchase a new one. Some moms preferwalk with babies in a sling. Before using the sling, consult your pediatrician.
3. Behavior while walking.During walks, the baby should be well aware of what is “possible” and “impossible”. He must learn to respond to his name, if you call him, learn to play with other children. Mom should never leave a child unattended!
4. Duration of the walk.The duration of the walk depends on the age of the child and the weather. With good, warm, but not hot weather, the baby can spend on the street up to 6-8 hours.
Galina Babiy, pediatrician of the Dobrobut Children's Clinic:“The duration of the walk should be appropriate for the child’s age and weather (it’s not recommended to go for a walk at air temperatures below 10 degrees below zero with infants). You should not limit the child’s breathing through the nasal passages while walking. ”
If it is hot outside, do not forget to put a panama on the child’s head and take a cape to the stroller, you can cover the baby from the sun if he falls asleep while walking.
Read also:Meat lure: choose the best for your baby
Read also:How to learn colors with a child?
5. Clothing.Dress the kid for the weather. Usually pediatricians recommend dressing a baby like yourself and plus another layer of baby clothes. Always take a blanket with you to walk to cover your baby if he suddenly freezes. It is better that the child’s clothes are layered; in this case, if he feels hot, you can take something off of him.
6. Food for a walk.Of course, it is better to organize your day so that the baby eats at home.But if it does not work, then take with you for a walk that food that does not deteriorate: canned food, banana, apple, cookies. It is necessary to take some water for a kid for a walk. Teach your child not to take food from strangers, not to eat anything raised from the ground or found in the sandbox.
7. Animals for a walk.Teach your baby that animals on the street should not be touched. If he wants to pet some dog, then you need to ask permission from its owner. If the dog has no owner, it’s best not to iron it at all, so as not to get something from it.
8. Walk while sick.Different experts have excellent opinions about walks during the ORZ: some advise walking if the child feels good, while others recommend sitting at home. If a pediatrician advises your child to walk with a cold, and you agree with his position, take a walk on health, but adhere to safety measures:
Read also:Where to start feeding in the summer
Mother Veronica says:“Our doctor advised us to walk while ill. At first I was worried, and then I took it and went out for a walk with my son. He had a runny nose, cough and fever 37, 2. We walked near the house, so that, if anything, go home immediately. Only we went out into the street, as I noticed that it became easier for the baby to breathe, and he himself became more cheerful. I concluded that it was easier for children to carry a cold outside. Of course, it is worth going out if the baby feels well enough and has a very high temperature. From that day we started to walk every day, after three days the temperature subsided, and after a week all the other symptoms disappeared. ”