Moles on the face appear regardless ofwhether we want it or not. In most cases they do not interfere in any way and our lives also do not influence. However, sometimes there is a sudden increase in their size, inflammation. The most dangerous situation is when the birthmark on the face turns into melanoma.
Changes that occur with these modifiedskin areas are most noticeable during puberty, accompanied by hormonal bursts. Although birthmarks on the face can be even in newborns. As the child grows up, these new growths also increase. A woman waiting for a child can also face their sudden appearance and sprawl. This is due to the endocrine changes that occur in the body during this period.
Moles on the face can be a consequencehormonal therapy, as well as exposure to ultraviolet radiation. If changes in their structure and size are observed, it is necessary to visit a specialist who will determine whether these processes are malignant (in this case melanoma - a tumor) develops from the mole.
Kinds of moles:
· Flat ("lentigo"). They are more common than others. Such moles are formed from melanocytes located in the upper layers of the skin. They are not influenced by sunburn, they do not darken under the influence of ultraviolet. They differ in a rare arrangement on the skin and in color, which is slightly darker than freckles.
· Excess birthmarks ("nevuses"). They are formed by means of melanocytes, which are located in deep layers of the skin. Their surface is bumpy or smooth, the size is up to one centimeter in diameter. The surface of such moles can be covered with hairs.
· Changes in the skin of a large size, bizarreforms with uneven edges indicate a violation of the structure of the mole. With the advent of such "uninvited guests" people often encounter after thirty. Such neoplasms can be located on the face, scalp, body.
· Large flat moles can be seen inchildren from the first days of life. They bring a lot of discomfort to their owners, but not all methods of cosmetology can guarantee a quick and safe disposal of this problem.
Why do birthmarks appear on your face?
The most common cause isultraviolet irradiation. As a result of its effect, skin fragments form "fragments" of active molecules, which can damage the genetic apparatus of cells and become a source of tumor origin and development.
If the mole was exposed to mechanicaldamage, it actively multiplies melanocyte cells, which are trying to restore its integrity. In the case of a genetic, hormonal or immunological predisposition of a person to the onset of tumors, such a mole may develop into melanoma.
Removal of a birthmark on the face
In case the modified skin areasbring people discomfort (rub against clothing, easily damaged), you can contact a specialist who will tell you whether you need to delete them. Self-elimination of the problem is fraught with extremely serious consequences, which is why this procedure should be performed only by a doctor.
If the removal of a birthmark is really necessary, it is carried out in a hospital after a comprehensive survey. The ways of its elimination can be as follows:
· Electrocoagulation (based on the effect of electric current). It allows you to quickly get rid of the tumor and stop the spread of malignant cells.
· Removal of the mole under local anesthesia with subsequent application of cosmetic sutures.
· Laser removal.
· Removal of the birthmark with the help of cryotherapy (instantaneous freezing and destruction of the cells of the neoplasm).
The most favorable periods for the removal of moles are winter, early spring and late autumn, since this is the time of the least solar activity.