“Fight Club” is a 1999 film about a nameless protagonist who fights against consumerism, despair, conformism and fear of losing masculinity. This is one of the most controversial and most influential films of the 20th century.
Tyler Dörden - the main character’s alter-ego, played by Brad Pitt, became an anarchist anti-hero icon for millions of young people who were confronted with the problems of society in the early 2000s. But his statements about materialism, quasi-existentialism, fatalism, fate and individualism are relevant today.
Therefore, these quotes can be an excellent summary of any training on the liberation from the fetters of the present world, covered by consumerism, capitalism and "modern" society ...
1. "Things you own eventually start to own you."
2. "Only by losing everything to the end, we gain freedom."
3. "How many feathers do not cling - you will not become a chicken."
4. “You are not your job, your money in the bank, your car, your wallet. And your shitty clothes.You are the singing and dancing shit. ”
5. “Our past is only history. And as soon as you realize this, it no longer has power over you. "
6. "I am for non-ideality, I am for imperfection, I am for ... evolution, and there the map will fall."
7. “You are not unique, the unique beauty of a snowflake is not about you. You are a decomposing organic matter, like everything else. ”
8. “Consumers. We are a byproduct of this life style. War, hunger - all this does not interest me. And I am interested in celebrities and scandals, TV, where there are 500 channels, the name of some guy in my underpants. ”
9. "Advertising makes us buy cars and rags." We drive hateful jobs to buy crap we don't need. We are the stepchildren of history. Neither purpose nor place. There has been no great war or great depression to our lot. Our great war is spiritual. Our great depression is our existence. We were inspired on TV that one day we would become millionaires, film and rock stars, but this does not shine for us. Gradually it reaches us and enrages, terribly enrages. ”
10. "This is your life, and with every minute it comes to an end."